Health, Safety and Environment Policy
It is the policy of TOPEK Engineering & Consultancy Services Limited (TOPEK), to operate in a manner which prevents injury or illness to her employees/personnel or harm to her customers, community and the environment in which we conduct our business. We are also committed to the protection at all times of our personnel and resources.
TOPEK is committed to and shall be guided by the following principles:
- Creation of a conducive working environment where incidents and accidents will be reduced to the barest minimum.
- The provision of adequate protection of health and safety of our employees at work and other persons in our area of operations/worksite.
- The conservation of the environment.
- The provision of adequate security for our staff/personnel as well as our property and assets.
- Ensuring that there are no health hazards arising from our operations which employees, contractors and the general public may be exposed to.
- Operating on the principle that all injuries at work can be prevented.
- Ensuring that contractors working under our control apply HSE standards which are related to our operations.
- Actively promoting high standards of safety consciousness, discipline and individual accountability amongst all those associated with our activities.
- Keeping our employees, contractors and affiliates appropriately informed of known and potential hazards that might affect them or the public at large.
- Promoting actively employee participation in the establishment and adherence of measures to improve their health, security and safety at work, ensuring that the commitment of all employees is to highest standards of health, safety, security and environmental protection.
- Ensuring that employees get adequate skills and support to achieve high standards of HSE.
- Promoting improved codes of practice as well as supporting the introduction of appropriate regulations relating to the HSE.
In all, our main aims are to PROTECT the HEALTH and SAFETY of all our employees at work and other persons, CONSERVE the ENVIRONMENT and NATURAL RESOURCES, SAFEGUARD LIVES and as well AVOID DAMAGE to PROPERTY. Every employee has the responsibility to support these aims.